Sept 26, 2009 Wrath of Typhoon ONDOY .
The RAINFALL that they experienced in 6 hrs was equivalent to 30 days of rainfall. This broke the record rainfall dated 1967 .
Hurricane Katrina rainfall = 380mm in Louisiana. Typhoon Ondoy rainfall = 410mm in Manila
We offer our prayers to those who are affected by the typhoon. To all our kababayans in Abroad you can send your help or donations to : BDO acct # 56300-020111 ACCOUNT NAME : ABSCBN FOUNDATION Your cash donations will go a long way.
If u have family in the US that want to help relief in the Phil donate thru the American Red Cross. Call 800-435-7669
Re-Tweets in Twitterworld and postings in FB kept everyone updated of the flood and help other people who were stranded and needs to be rescued. Rubber boats were few and rescue operations were very slow and other people can’t be reached by the rescuers. I hope the government would be prepared next time.
Mother Teresa said she could just be one single drop of water. But if we all contributed one single drop each, we could make a whole ocean. Let’s unite to extend a helping hand!
A re-post from other blogs to help our dear kababayans in PInas:
LOCATION BREAKDOWN OF HOW AND WHERE YOU CAN DONATE FOR VICTIMS OF TYPHOON ONDOY.
for those in qc:
– please bring packed/cooked food to 12 Denmark, Loyola Grand Villas, QC, and help @patriciahizon whose group was the only one helping the victims in tumana today.
– @jiggycruz is mobilizing the youth who want to help, to volunteer, just go to Balay Expo Center in Cubao, Edsa cor McArthur, 8AM onwards.
– for those who want to volunteer for sagip kapamilya: call 4132667/4160387, or go to #13 examiner st., west triangle, QC.
for those in manila:
– DLSU along taft avenue will be accepting any and all kinds of donations starting 830AM.
for those in pasig:
– according to @margaga, poveda school (beside galleria) opens 9AM tomorrow and is open to all volunteers and any kind of donations.
– according to @angel21kawaii, CFC Center in Ortigas is receiving donations in cash or in kind. Call (02)7270682-87 or 09195359036.
for those in makati:
– you can drop off your donations at the following stores in rockwell powerplant mall: aranaz, luca, greyone social.
for those in taguig or fort area:
– you can drop off your donations in embassy superclub in the fort.
for those in pasay city:
– @elizabacud shares that Manila Doctors College will also be accepting donations. Bring anything that can help at Speech Lab., Macapagal Blvd, PasayCity
for those in san juan area:
– according to @dakilangkulot, you can drop off your goods at xavier school, volunteers will sort and bring to ateneo. this is till12nn.
for those in the south:
– you can drop donations at the ATC concierge, call 8422782 or 7721860
– you can help pack donations 10AM at st. james church, ayala alabang village
for pets in need of aid:
– @kimmydeleon is announcing that PARC is open for animals. Click this site for info of PAWS for helping from the flood. for the official website of paws, click here
for anyone abroad who wants to donate:
– you can donate through the paypal account link on this site.
– you can also call 1-800-5272820 or visit the abs-cbn foundation website.
I would also like to repost another summary from the pinoy chuva”‘s blog.
WAYS HOW YOU CAN HELP VICTIMS OF TYPHOON ONDOY.
things you may want to donate:
1) Bottled Water
2) Instant Noodles (preferrably in bowl packaging like Nissin or Lucky Me)
3) Ready-to-eat Canned Goods w/ pull tab cover (no can opener available in relief centers)
4) Bread or Biscuits
5) Coffee or Juice
6) Multivitamins (preferrably Vitamin C)
7) Medicines (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Loperamide)
9) Old but wearable clothes
10) Slippers/ Flip flops
11) Some organizations will accept cash donations
13) Milk/ Infant Formula
for USA Residents:
1) Help in the typhoon relief effort by calling ABS-CBN Foundation USA toll-free 1-800-527-2820
2) American Red Cross call 1-800-435-7669
for those near ABS-CBN:
Help pack relief goods at Sagip Kapamilya at #13 Examiner St. They are also looking for people willing to go to provinces and distribute the goods.
for those near the philippine daily inquirer office or mcdonalds branches:
Go to: 1098 Chino Roces Ave. cor. Mascardo and Yague Streets, Makati City or to any of its classified ads branches and to any Mcdonald’s Branch within Metro Manila
Hotline: 8978808 loc.260 and look for Megi Garcia
for those near a la salle school:
(OPLAN: Sagip Metro) DLSZ (Ayala Alabang, Muntinlupa) and LSGH (Greenhills) are now accepting relief goods and looking for volunteers from 8am to 6pm. DLSU- Manila (Taft Avenue) will accept relief goods as early as 8:00 A.M. at South Gate
for those near ateneo de manila:
Go To: Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights , Quezon City
Manuel V. Pangilinan Building Center for Student Leadership Lobby
University Dorm Cervini Hall
Hotlines: 09089977166, 09178952792, 4266001 local 5050
Operations: 24-hours operations for the entire week.
other sites you can drop off donations:
1) Visit any Petron or 2GO Branches to drop off your donations.
2) Visit Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC)
Go To: 72-A Times St., West Triangle Homes , QC
Hotlines: 9299820, 9299822
Operations: 8 a.m. onwards.
Go To: Veritas Tower , West Ave. cor EDSA
Look For: Karla Turingan
Hotlines: 9257931 to 39, 0918VERITAS
Operations: 24-hours, tentatively until Tuesday.
4) Victory Fellowship- Fort Bonifacio
Go to: Victory Fellowship, Every Nation Building , across from Market-Market, Fort Bonifacio
Look for: Pastor Bernard Marquez
Hotlines: 813-FORT, 8171212
Operations: Tentatively until 5pm may may extend hours. Entire week until Friday.
5) Tulong Bayan
Go to: Balay Expo Center, EDSA cor. Gen McArthur, Araneta Center or visit WhiteSpace 2314 Pasong Tamo Ext. beside Faith Christian School
Operations: Come as early as 8:00 a.m.
Open to volunteers/ cash and goods donation
6) World Vision Philippines
Go to: Quezon Avenue (near Delta Theatre)
Open to volunteers/ cash and goods donation
7) Corporate Network for Disaster Response
How to: Donate cash through BPI Ayala-Paseo Branch with account number 0031 0654 02
8) Luzon Relief
Go to: Renaissance Fitness Center, 2F, Bramante Bldg., Renaissance Towers, Ortigas, Meralco Ave., Pasig City
Operations: 9am to 7pm Daily
Open to volunteers/goods donation
9) Brainbeam Events
Go to: 2F MB Aguirre Cornerhouse Bldg 15, President Ave. cor Elizalde St. BF Pque. Across old Caltex
you can donate using your cellphone:
You can also send donations to the Philippine National Red Cross using your mobile phone: text RED AMOUNT and send to 2899 (GLOBE/TM) and 4483 (SMART/ TNT). Globe is accepting P300 txt donatio